POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : No more IRTC? : Re: No more IRTC? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 14:00:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No more IRTC?
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 4 Feb 2008 21:33:29
Message: <47a7caf9$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> "B. Gimeno" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>
>>Jan Dvorak <jan### [at] centrumcz> wrote:

>>>tc-rtc.co.uk
>>>see a few threads upward
>>
>>I lament it, but this substitute is not able to replace the spirit of the
>>original aid. It's an opiniation, the proposed subjects are not as "open"
>>as
>>long ago because usually they are based on unknown works that stops most
>>of the
>>non-english-speakers users of POV-Ray. Resignation.
>

>     Thanks for your support. For what it's worth, and in my understanding,
> the IRTC is on "hiatus".
>
>      I'll make sure the next topic is "Glass" - now that *should* bring
> about 186+ entries in.
>
>      ~Steve~

Slightly different question/comment:  Since the TC-RTC like the IRTC is
open to all renderers, is there anything being done to publicize it in
the non-POV-Ray world?  If so, ignore my comment.  I'm only familiar
with POV-Ray myself, but I like the idea of these competitions being
open to all  (And as to familiarity, my knowledge/ability is "spotty" at
best, and I've never entered either IRTC or TC-RTC.  I'm just a lurker
in these, but I like to see all the great work being done.)     ;-)

      -=- Larry -=-